marți, 28 ianuarie 2014

I absolutely love wooden… everything, really. Furniture, staircases, combs, floors, panelled walls, cutting boards, salad bowls, utensils, whatever. You name it, and I’d like to see a wooden version of it. Wood just has a fantastic sheen and natural character to it, and I far prefer it to plastic. Personally I think painting wood is a tragedy, but I’m sure I picked that up from my dad, who is a fantastic woodworker. He filled my childhood home with exquisite French doors, cupboards, and cabinets, all unpainted to let the beautiful wood grain shine through. That entire house has a lovely glow to it that comes from well polished wood. It’s wonderful.


orange wax wood polish

15g beeswax
15g orange wax
35g olive oil

Melt everything together in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Let set up.

To use, buff onto wooden kitchen implements, let soak in, and buff off any excess.

If you don’t have orange wax, you can use 50g of olive oil and 10 drops orange essential oil.


advertisment

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu

 
Toggle Footer