marți, 28 ianuarie 2014

Over the past year or so I’ve been slowly adding to my essential oil collection. (Though I have a rather bad memory about what I’ve already purchased and keep buying citrus.) My latest purchase: jasmine. There is something so romantic about its soft floral scent. It always reminds me of the evening Mark and I spent dancing at a Pakistani wedding party. Decorated with marigold and jasmine garlands and flickering candles it was the perfect romantic setting.

Taking inspiration from Philosophy‘s annual perfume dedicated to l’amour I created my own romantic scent. And in a bit of a fortuitous craft fail, I made solid lotion bars! Turns out it is super easy to make both solid perfume and lotion bars with a bit of oil and beeswax.


SUPPLIES NEEDED

2 tablespoons almond oil
2 tablespoons beeswax
2-4 drops jasmine essential oil (Note: I find it impossible to get exactly ’2 drops’ but don’t stress. Just go slow because some oils, like clove, will quickly overpower.)
2 drops clove essential oil
2 drops vanilla extract
Clean containers. The cute conversation hearts are from Michaels.


advertisment

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu

 
Toggle Footer