marți, 28 ianuarie 2014

I’ve discovered a new passion – making my own homemade beauty recipes. I can spend time in the kitchen using ingredients that are normally off limits and not worry about calories!

Flipping through a magazine (another obsession) I spotted a gorgeous sugar scrub – for $40! Gulp. Turns out making this stuff at home is uber easy – and cheap. Just follow a basic recipe and add in whatever sounds good to you.

Exfoliation has never been top of mind in my beauty regimen until a recent facial made me a convert. I’ve been using an easy facial concoction that I’ll share soon. But trust me, your skin will feel amazing after using this!


BASIC RECIPE

1 cup sugar – you can use regular sugar, brown sugar or cane sugar. Epsom salt also works.

1/2 cup oil – again, pretty much any kind goes: olive, almond, sesame, safflower, vegetable, etc. I find the smell of olive oil overpowering so went with sesame oil.

Put the sugar in a bowl and add oil slowly, stirring as you go. You want a consistency you can scoop with your hand so don’t let the texture to get too runny.  Store in a container with tight fitting lid. You can easily double this recipe if you want to keep it on hand for awhile.


advertisment

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu

 
Toggle Footer